In addition to meeting other knitters, making new friends, and enjoying a shared learning experience, being a member of the Big Apple Knitters Guild comes with a host of other benefits. Membership benefits include:
- Free attendance at general meetings
- Free member-led workshops
- Invitations to meet-ups and members-only special events
- A subscription to City Purls, a semi-annual newsletter about Guild activites
- A subscription to E-News, a monthly digest of timely knitting-related information
- Discounts at BAKG-organized events and workshops
- Discounts at participating yarn shops in and around the New York City area.
- Access to the Guild’s library of knitting books and magazines
- Numerous opportunities to share your skills and engage with an active and welcoming community as a volunteer
BAKG Discount Program — Participating Shops/Vendors
- Annie & Company – New York, NY
- Clinton Hill Cashmere * – (online only)
- Do Ewe Knit – Westfield, NJ
- Downtown Yarns – New York, NY
- Knit – Roslyn, NY
- Knitty City * – New York, NY
- mYak Yarns * – (online and pop-up events)
- String NYC – New York, NY
- West Village Knit and Needle – New York, NY
Please show your BAKG membership card in store to receive the discount.
BAKG general meetings, workshops, or other BAKG-sponsored events, whether in person or virtual, may be photographed and/or recorded by audio and/or video. By your in-person or virtual participation in these events, you consent to the photography and/or recording and to the use of your image and/or recording in print and social media.