IMPORTANT NOTICE: In-person meetings resumed March 2022. Member Share the Talent will be virtual for 2022.
The Big Apple Knitters Guild meets on the second Saturday of every month, from 1 to 4 PM (unless otherwise specified) from September through June. Our general meetings include:
- Featured Guest Speakers—learn the latest from experts in the knitting world!
- Show and Tell—present your finished projects to an appreciative audience!
- Members-Only Raffle—win a skein of luxury yarn at our raffle drawing each month!
- Beginners Circle—improve your knitting skills with help from fellow BAKG members!
- Charity Knitting Table—knit for those in need!
- KALs—join a knit-along and complete a project with the help of friends!
Come and join us! At live meetings, guests are welcome—first visit is free; a nominal guest fee of $5 is charged on subsequent visits. This fee may be applied to annual dues if paid on the meeting day.
The format is in-person at NYSEC for these Saturday meetings as of March (unless otherwise noted below):
2022 Meeting Schedule and Featured Speakers
|June 11:||Jacob Seifert – Editor, Soho Publishing LLC |
(publisher of Vogue Knitting)
|September 10:||Rebecca Kevelson – Designer, Clinton Hill Cashmere|
|October 8:||Sven Risom – Owner, North Light Fibers|
|November 12:||TBA (updated on March 22)|
|December 3:||Nancy Marchant – Designer, Brioche Knitting|
(NOTE: The Dec meeting has been confirmed as Zoom only.)
Details for these events are provided in members-only communications, and on the members-only section of our website. To ensure security, membership status will need to be confirmed when logging on to each meeting.
Check back here for details about future meetings!
For more information about our meetings, contact BAKG Programs Chair Carren Shulman, at email@example.com.
BAKG general meetings, workshops or other BAKG-sponsored events, whether in person or virtual, may be photographed and/or recorded by audio and/or video. By your in-person or virtual participation in these events, you consent to the photography and/or recording and to the use of your image and/or recording in print and social media.