GENERAL MEETING via Zoom
Saturday, June 11, 1–4 PM
GUEST SPEAKER: Jacob Seifert
editor of Soho Publishing LLC
Jacob Seifert taught himself to knit as a teenager as a joke. He enjoyed it more than
he expected and is stilling knitting almost 20 years later. Currently, he works as an
editor for Sixth&Spring Books, the book division of SOHO Publishing, the publisher of
Vogue Knitting magazine.
Jacob’s presentation will focus on knitting books: everything that goes into creating
them, how they’ve changed over the past decade, and what we can expect to see
from Sixth&Spring Books. He will exhibit some of the best knitting book designs in a
curated trunk show. And attendees receive 10% off on titles at vogueknitting.com.
Show and Tell
Once again, we have live show and tell! All are encouraged to get in line to show off their knitted works. The more, the merrier. Let’s keep the descriptions brief, though, to give everyone a chance.
Guests are Welcome
We are excited to welcome guests at this meeting. As usual, the first visit by a guest is free. Additional visits are $5. This fee may be applied to annual dues if paid on the meeting day. Please remind your guests to bring their vaccine cards and to wear a mask! If you are not a member, consider becoming a member.
BAKG Book Sale – Redux
Come early to our amazing April book sale. You’re going to love the offerings. We have current books and magazines to excite your interest as knitters. Most importantly, be on the lookout for our SPECIAL PROMOTION. The sale runs from 12:30-1:15pm and again when the meeting ends. See you there.
No Break-Out Tables
There will be no Charity Knitting, Beginners Circle, or KALs at this meeting. We will have a box for charity knitting drop-off and a box for dropping off BAKG auction donations.
COVID Rules Still Apply
Mask and proof of vaccination requirements still apply at the venue and for the meeting and check in will once again be upstairs as you enter the building.
* No pre-registration will be required.
On the Day of the Meeting
* Check-in will begin at 12:30 pm. Check-in will take place in the NYSEC lobby, to the right of the main entrance as you enter. Please arrive on time! Note: No one will be admitted after 1:15 pm, because our check-in people don’t want to miss the meeting.
* Check-in process: Your membership and vaccine status will be verified at check-in. We will not keep copies of your vaccination card. You will be given a name tag and a raffle ticket.
* Snacks and beverages: These are permitted, but please keep them to a minimum, and be respectful of the people around you while you are unmasked to eat or drink.
* Sanitation and hygiene measures: We will have a supply of hand sanitizer, masks, and sanitizing wipes for use on the microphone and appropriate hard surfaces.